Wednesday, January 18, 2006


Flirting Online: How Far Is Too Far
To start this off with I have to show you this website I found. I almost fell over laughing. http://www.onlinedatingschool.com/
Ok so there is harmless flirting and complete shameless flirting where there are other intentions involved other then either being friendly or playing some harmless game to make yourself feel better.
We all have those days where nothing makes us fell much better then a little harmless flirting with someone that says all the right things at the right time. You walk away with your head a little higher (no pun intended), your spirit feels better and you got a certain childlike glow about your face.
Now where this turns into much worse is when you keep going back for more, and you take it further as in making plans to be together or as far as even meeting in secret. Now if you are cybering in someone's box or in email etc that is again GONE TOO FAR!
Now of course if either one of you is single then by all means go for it have a great time with it. If of course you are not...shame on you for letting this friendly flirting go to the next level of shameless flirting and cybering.
This under anyone's category would fall under cheating if you are not single. If you lie about being single (again lying online is a whole other topic) that is still cheating and it is disrespectful to the other party involved as they might not want to be a tramp or hussy, homewrecker etc.
I think a little friendly flirting that you know and the other party know will never go further plus I think you are in fact using the other person to make yourself feel better if you wake up in the morning feeling like shit.
Now I know I will probably get a crap load of shit flying my way from this post and I am ok with that, I never ask ppl to agree with me just hear what I have to say and leave it at that. The world is made with disagreements I am not afraid. Give me your best shot.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whens the next flight??

Kathrin & James said...

lmfao uhm never unless you want my husband to meet u at the airport hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Kat you KNOW you want me to come up there while james is gone and rock your booty...HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Kathrin & James said...

rina anytime hon u know me and u would rock this planet...lol love ya chicky

Matthew O. Smith said...

As much fun as flirting can be on-line, it is oh so much better in person. When my sweetheart and I were married, the officiator told us to flirt ferociously every day. With each other of course. So I dedicated my site to just that notion.

As important as flirting and romance are before marriage, they are so much more important after.

Kathrin & James said...

I agree with you matt absolutely in person is more exciting as you can actually see the other person blush and hear them laugh etc. I do have to say though considering how many ppl I have seen flirt online there is something to not having any comitment attached to it no responsibility something innocent and fun unless of course you take it too far. Everything is good for you in moderation.

Michael said...

A blog-by lurker posting a comment...

I enjoy the attention and exchanges I have with my blogging buddies but I have wondered at times. In fact I almost wrote a post called, "Have I hit on you yet?"

There seems to be enough guilt that it makes me wonder if I have flirted too much. No hands in my pants but the criteria for me is,

"Would I say or do it if my wife was looking over my shoulder?"

I've got to say, most of it I would. No lies involved.

Take Care
Michael